Monday, August 24, 2009

Sad week-end for Geelong RATs

It’s been a sad week-end for us all with the news that our good friend Mick L lost his battle with illness in the early hours of Saturday morning.
He was a charismatic and fun loving bloke & defintely had one of those magnetic personalities that affected everyone that met him.
I can still remember him on our week-end trip to Bright a couple of years ago standing on top of an outdoor table at the back of the pub at about 1am giving me heaps for going to bed early!
No matter how busy he was in the Peter Stevens shop, he’d make time to come over shake hands & have a chat about something that almost always ended with his hearty laugh.
I’m sure everyone in Geelong RAT that knew Mick will remember him as a bloke with a great sense of fun and a “nothing’s too hard” attitude.
My thoughts and I’m sure the thoughts of the guys I ride with go out to his family & to his good mates at Peter Stevens in Geelong who I’m sure are devastated.
I’m sure we’ll all ride together again one day Mick.

No comments: